Persuasive essay writing is one of the best sources to develop and polish some critical thinking skills throughout the process. In order to develop the most suitable style of argument, students have to provide counter-arguments in order to support their claims and position in the content.
Before looking for the topics for a persuasive essay, let us see the details.
What Is A Persuasive Essay?
Persuasive is a self-explanatory word that explains the purpose of writing this specific type of essay. The main objective of persuasive essay writing is to provide and prove the ideas using the right reasons. to support the provided claims and counterarguments. The best part for the students is that they do not have to intensively research the persuasive topics, however, you cannot simply ignore the research process in any type of academic writing activity.
Through the process of persuasive essay writing, students need to present their own point of view and convince the readers about the same. The only way to convince the readers is to provide logical facts and reasoning. These logical effects actually authenticate your point of view about the selected topic of persuasive essay writing.
Top 100 Topics For Persuasive Essay
the most difficult part of any academic assignment is the process of selecting a topic. The right topic will help you to achieve the goals and objectives of the writing. Sometimes students are provided with a certain topic, while sometimes they have to select their own topic. Whatever it takes, this article will help you in the most dramatic way when selecting a topic for persuasive essay writing.
Let’s see some of the top 100 topics for persuasive writing that can help you to select the most appropriate one for your document;
Persuasive Essay Topics On School/ College/ University
- What should be the penalty for cheating in school/college/ university?
- Do students have permission to you have mobile phones at school/college/ university?
- What is the most fascinating and engaging subject in school/college/university?
- Why homework is necessary for students?
- How well does your school/college/university handle the bullies?
- Is having a dress code is a good idea for academics?
- Why school timings are too much for the students?
- Is it ok to reinforce personalized learning in school/college/university?
- What are the rules of your school college university you want to amend?
- Is it effective for colleagues and friends to sit together in classrooms?
- What actually should be the timings of Educational Institutes?
- How effective it is to take a self-defence class in a school college university?
Persuasive Essay Topics On Food Stuffs
- What is superior: Lasagna or a pizza?
- Is it good for students to learn to cook their own meals?
- How the environment of a specific restaurant can change your mood?
- What is the most appropriate desert in Manchester?
- Why healthy food should be less expensive than junk food?
- Is it good to eat meat on daily basis?
- All the day snacks or a set of three meals a day? Which one is better?
- Shuddh schools/colleges/ universities are allowed to use sugary drinks?
- Why students should eat a healthy diet throughout their academic career?
- How junk food affects the physical and mental health of the students?
Persuasive Essay Topics On Animals
- What is the best animal to be trained for at home?
- Is it ok to keep wild animals as pets at home?
- Should students be allowed to take pets along to school/college/university?
- What animal acts as the best pet for home?
- What is the worst pet animal?
- Big dogs versus small dogs. What would you prefer?
- Why you should prefer the adoption of pets from an animal shelter?
- What are the disadvantages of having a pet?
- What are the advantages of having a pet?
- How to train your pet in the best possible way?
Persuasive Essay Topics On Sports
- Who are the top 5 athletes in the world?
- What are the easiest and effective hobbies to adopt?
- What is the most effective and entertaining sports to play in school/college/university?
- Is it ok to have gender discrimination when selecting a team for sports?
- How individual sports is better than playing in a team?
- Watching or playing a sport. Which one is better?
- How summer sports are more entertaining than winter sports activities?
- How sports can affect the mental and physical health of the students?
- How top athletes are paid?
- What is the best sports activity to do during the rain?
- Is it ok to have excessive sports activities?
- What are the disadvantages of excessive sports activities on daily basis?
- What skills you can develop when playing in a team?
Persuasive Essay Topics On Entertainment
- How music can affect Your mental health?
- What type of music is effective when you are sad?
- Should movies and music be free for the students?
- What is the most comical movie you have ever experienced?
- How reality shows are better than others?
- What is your favourite novel and why?
- What types of novels do you like to read?
- Is it ok for kids to see horror movies?
- How comic movies are better than horror movies?
- Horror movies versus action movies. What would you prefer?
- What is the best superpower you would like to have?
- Watching a movie in the theatre at home. What is the better option?
Persuasive Essay Topics On Social Problems
- Why should wealthy individuals be more of the tax?
- Why teenagers are more ill-mannered than the old generation?
- How mental ill are treated well by society?
- How social media is beneficial for students?
- What are the disadvantages of using social media?
- What are the effects of violent video games on the mental health of students?
- Why capital punishment is considered unethical?
- How students should help homeless individuals?
- How effective to use the military draft for the countries?
- In case of overpopulation in the country, how government should handle the scenario?
Persuasive Essay Topics On Education
- How parents involvement affects the education of the students?
- How parents should select a school for their kids?
- How do physical learning and online learning differ from each other?
- Should education be free for the students who cannot afford it?
- Is the grading system effective in the educational sector?
- How sex education is necessary for the students?
- Why schools /colleges/universities should have security guards?
Persuasive Essay Topics On History
- What was the impact of European exploration, and was it effective or ineffective?
- Was the use of the atomic bomb necessary in World War 2?
- Is it ok for the organisations to donate to political candidates?
- What is the best form of Government?
- Should there be a limit or freedom of speech?
- What is the worst in unjust law in the world?
- Is China the most powerful country on the globe?
- What are the consequences of World War 1?
Persuasive Essay Topics On Technology And Science
- How excessive screen time can affect the mental health of the students?
- What are the impacts of global warming on the life of individuals?
- What is the most dramatic climate changes the world is facing?
- Is it ethical for the companies to sell the data of their customers?
- How government should spend its resources for the betterment of society?
- Is it ethical to test on animals?
- What are the most dramatic changes in technologies in the 21st century?
- How students should cope up with the daily technological changes?
Persuasive Essay Topics On Health
- Why schools/colleges/universities should sell organic and healthy food?
- Is it good to legalize marijuana?
- What are the effects of legalizing marijuana among the youth?
- What are the effects of depression and anxiety among the students?
- How to stop the extensive and increasing rate of depression and anxiety?
- Is it safe to use genetically modified food?
- Is it good to introduce physical education in the schools/colleges/universities?
- Is it good for the schools to randomly drug test the students?
- Is it dangerous to be a part of professional sports?
Top Unique Persuasive Essay Ideas For Topics
- Is it good for the public to indulge in the personal life of celebrities?
- Are there any good different reasons for war?
- Is it even ethical to train dogs for social services?
- Is it effective to listen to music while working on academic assignments?
- How effective it is to have career counselling in schools/colleges/universities?
- Is it good to captivate the animals in the zoo?
- What is the first season in the UK?
- What season did students enjoy the most in the UK?
- What is the most boring academic activity?
- How students can enhance their academic grades?
- What is the current situation of the job market in the UK?
- How students should select a professional career?
- Is it still effective to use newsprints in the new technological era?
- What are the effects of technology on the education sector?
Tips To Write A Winning Persuasive Essay
writing activities for academics is never easy for the students and it really doesn’t matter what subject you are pursuing or what selected topic of your writing is. You have to follow the right procedures in order to get the desired results.
Here are few tips that can help you to write a persuasive essay according to the standards;
- First of all, select the most appropriate and relevant topics for your persuasive essay writing. Always ensure that you have selected the topic that interests you so that you can easily engage with the content and the scenario in the writing.
- Once you have selected the topic of a persuasive essay, make sure that you make it checked through your instructors before starting working. This will help you to avoid irrelevancy throughout the topic.
- If you select a topic of your interest then there are chances that you might already have a good amount of knowledge about the topic. However, make sure that you research extensively for the topic in order to gain complete information.
- Make sure that you have extensive writing skills if you want to write a winning persuasive essay. If we do not have good writing skills then we might have to face challenges throughout the process of research and writing simultaneously.
- The right and complete information about the topic would help you to significantly support the counter-arguments and the claims in writing to persuade the readers without any doubts.
- Always follow the right structure of the writing. Persuasive essay writing has the same standardized structure which includes the introduction, the body, and the conclusion of the essay writing. Make sure that you have a good understanding of these sections so that you can organise information in the best possible way.
- Once you’re done writing your essay, make sure that you get it checked through your friends and colleagues. A new pair of eyes can find those mistakes that you cannot find. However, you can also get proofreading services through expert essay writers.